Plan > Do > Review > – means better activities, more fun, and your section or small team gets to choose and get involved in organising its own adventures. It helps ensure everyone has a fun, challenging, adventurous and inclusive time in Scouting.
All scouts should be using Plan > Do > Review > – start today!
Plan > Do > Review > can be used in all sections of the program.
The role of youth in leading, and adults in supporting this process will look a bit different from section to section; remember it is about involving youth meaningfully in the whole process. The examples here are geared towards the current Scout section.
When can you use Plan > Do > Review >?
- Troop Council meeting
- Camps and major events
- Organising the Q-store
- Running games and activities
- Weekly meetings
- Developing your medium and long term programs
- Plan > Do > Review > everywhere
- Fundraising activities
Who can use Plan > Do > Review >?
Who can Review?
When and how do we Review?
- After any adventure or activity no matter how big or small.
- Informally at the end of a meeting just before closing for no more than 2 minutes.
- During section council meetings.
- On the drive home from an activity.
- During small team discussions.
- At a café or any other special review meeting location.
- Via text or online.
- In addition to mentoring scouts to use Plan > Do > Review >, adults are also doing their own Plan > Do > Review >, focused on facilitating a balanced program for your section.
- Adult leaders keep in mind both long and short term plans when working with the section council to achieve their goals.
- Plan > Do > Review > provides new roles, responsibilities and challenges for adults too!